What about initializing the (abstract) container

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:27 AM

From what I understand you guys want to create an abstraction over IoC/DI containers. Right?

I have spent some time in Prism/CAL to implement an hierarchical IoC container/Service Locator framework that allows Prism Modules to have their own instances of IoC containers. This allows you to reuse Modules across (composite) applications and dictate/control their 'context' in each app. Even without the abstraction is was a hell of a job to get it all wired up correctly (and was never really satisfied with the result).

So its fine to abstract away the usage part of a IoC container/Service Locator, but how are you going to control the initialization of the (underlying - actual) container given that you might want full fine-grained control over multiple hierarchical containers?

(gblock's tweet led me here ;-)

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM
Howdy and thanks for dropping by!

We're only addressing contracts, and even then only a small subset relating to how components express dynamic relationships that require the container to get involved.

>>  how are you going to control the initialization of the (underlying - actual) container

Simply put, we're not :)

Other projects will no doubt cover some of this though. Check out the container adapters in Entlib 5 as one effort going in this direction.

Cheers,

Nick

Differences in configuration

On 26 February 2010 17:27, obiwanjacobi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From what I understand you guys want to create an abstraction over IoC/DI containers. Right?

I have spent some time in Prism/CAL to implement an hierarchical IoC container/Service Locator framework that allows Prism Modules to have their own instances of IoC containers. This allows you to reuse Modules across (composite) applications and dictate/control their 'context' in each app. Even without the abstraction is was a hell of a job to get it all wired up correctly (and was never really satisfied with the result).

So its fine to abstract away the usage part of a IoC container/Service Locator, but how are you going to control the initialization of the (underlying - actual) container given that you might want full fine-grained control over multiple hierarchical containers?

(gblock's tweet led me here ;-)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cca@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cca@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com